What is a WYSIWYG HTML editor?
Most WYSIWYG editors let you do at least the following:
- Add formatting such as bold, italic, and underlining
- Create headings (H1, H2 and so on)
- Create links
- Use different font faces, sizes, and colours
- Insert bulleted and numbered lists
- Create tables
- Left-align, right-align, centre, and justify text
- Embed images, Flash movies, and more
- Edit the HTML directly if desired
Many editors take things further, allowing you to upload images, Flash movies and other files to the Web server, and browse files on the server.
Advantages of a WYSIWYG editor
The nice thing about a WYSIWYG editor is that your site users don’t have to understand HTML in order to produce richly formatted content. This makes WYSIWYG editors great for content management systems, blogging systems, webmail applications, or any situation where you want people to be able to enter rich content via a Web form.
Even if you’re familiar with HTML, you’ll probably find it quicker to enter and format text using a WYSIWYG editor than hand-coding your HTML markup and CSS.
Simple code to add the editor to your website is here.
For more please visit code snippets please visit.